Re: Is there any opposition to a debian/ top-level subdir?

Subject: Re: Is there any opposition to a debian/ top-level subdir?
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 11:57:36 CST

At 10:31 PM 2/11/01 -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
>We need this to be a native Debian package. If no one minds, I will
>add it.

We've worked hard to keep the top levels of the tree and minimize directory
fanout, so I'd prefer to leave any distro-specific stuff in the master
sources here:

  abi/src/pkg/linux/deb/

We already have a number of package-specific scripts which get triggered by
"make distribution". Sounds like you need one more which copies the
relevant stuff to a top-level directory when producing a source package for
Debian.

Paul,
code janitor