Re: does expat/libtool combo work on Win32?

Subject: Re: does expat/libtool combo work on Win32?
From: Thomas Briggs (tom@sane.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 13:28:32 CST

> Bummer. That's what I was afraid of. Indeed, some digging around in
Google
> confirms that key bits of automake/libtool support were added sometime
after
> B19:
>
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/bug-libtool/1998-August/001021.html

   Yep. From the look of the CygWin history, the necessary changes were
probabl included in B20, but if you've gotta upgrade you may as well go to
the latest (unless you're feeling energetic :P)

> > So the easiest solution to your problem is probably just to upgrade to
> >the latest CygWin. Make sure you install it in a root directory though -
> >Abi won't build unless your CygWin root dir is really a root dir (which
is
> >not Abi's fault).
>
> OK, I'll give it a try. If it works, we should update the required tools
> section of the build instructions accordingly (both in the src and
online).

   Agreed.
   If you don't have a spare partition to use for CygWin, you may be able to
fake a drive with subst and install CygWin to that drive. I haven't tried
it, but it might work.

   -Tom