RE: Upcoming releases

Subject: RE: Upcoming releases
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 14:33:24 CST

dom> What I'd like to do is release a CVS snapshot of AbiWord in about
dom> 2 days. Call it a 0.9.0 pre-release if you will. There's no need
dom> to build any binaries, but if you'd like to, please do. I'll be

To prevent a stock market panic, perhaps we could call this a 0.8.0
pre-release? For anyone who has been following along, calling it a
0.9.0 pre-release leads to the logical conclusion that 0.9.x "real
release" is just around the corner, and 1.0 is just around another
corner.

Maybe you meant those timeframes to be implied, but my guess is that
there is a lot of elapsed time yet to come before 1.0, and all we'd be
doing is inspiring "well, where is it?" queries.