Re: Commit: Mac portability

Subject: Re: Commit: Mac portability
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 14:46:30 CST

At 12:00 -0600 12/02/01, Sam TH wrote:

>Well, it should be noted that we do require metroworks for the beos
>ppc build (not that we have tested that build in a month).

But Metrowerks tools on BeOS ppc are the only solution and they come
with the system as of BeOS R3.

> > >unless there is a viable gcc port aroubd.
>> >
>> Well, Stan Shebs, the guy who did the original gcc for Mac OS
>> port and then went to work for Cygnus is back at Apple....
>
>Well, Stan is working on the gcc port for OS X. GCC will be *the*
>compiler on OS X.

I know this. MacOS X cc (gcc in fact) is currently the only compiler
supported for the MacOS X port and this ports also use the *standard*
abi build system.

:-)

So I'll have to stick with MrCPP compatibility while providing
CodeWarrior compatibility as long as I do have one running.

Hub