Re: Counting bugs...

Subject: Re: Counting bugs...
From: Thomas Briggs (tom@sane.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 17:02:02 CST

> Upgrading bugzilla is an excellent idea. Unfortunately, I've never
> adminned a bugzilla system before, and thus am not entirely sure what
> I would need to do. Does it just involve replacing the current
> contents of the bugzilla directory (which is just a bunch of perl
> scripts) with the newest version from Mozilla CVS? Do I have to
> change the MySQL setup (eeek)?
>
> Anyone dealt with this before?

   I haven't actually done it, but we upgraded our bugzilla installation
here at work a couple months ago; I'm pretty sure I remember the guy who did
it telling me that it wasn't as bad as he expected it to be.
   And yes, I believe that modification of the database is necessary (I
don't think it's that big of a hassle when dealing with MySQL though).

   -Tom