Re: alt-f4

Subject: Re: alt-f4
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 07:04:32 CST

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> And what about the other platforms? I doubt that it's normal to press
> Alt-F4 to close a window on QNX or BeOS, but maybe Thomas can help us
> out...

Sorry to tell you, under QNX Alt-F4 is a typical close window
command. Under BeOS it is more typical to use Alt-[CQ] if
I remember correctly.

The solution here I think is that we need to make these
bindings configurable ... not per platform, but per user.

Long term project?

Thomas ... who uses the almost univeral Alt-F-Close
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf