Re: Source indentation style

Subject: Re: Source indentation style
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 08:33:16 CST

>> Anyway, running indent with these options:
>>
>> ./indent /tmp/pt_PieceTable.cpp ./pt.cpp -bbb -nbc -bl -c40 -nce \
>> -d0 -di1 -nfc1 -i4 -l79 -lp -sc -+ -ip
>>
>> I get output like the below. There are a few problems:

Thomas> I'll admit that I haven't looked at the original source
Thomas> file, but does that output really look *better* than the
Thomas> original input?

No, this was just as an example of a suggested style.

Thomas> That looked like a giant mess to me. Or are you planning to
Thomas> go through and manually massage the results into shape?

How does it differ from the documented coding standard? What makes it
messy to look at? What is your definition of "shape"?

Jesper