Re: Source indentation style

Subject: Re: Source indentation style
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 08:57:41 CST

>> How does it differ from the documented coding standard? What makes it
>> messy to look at? What is your definition of "shape"?
>
> Well, the things that immediately jumped out at me were things like:
>
> if( x )
> {
>if( y )
>else
> }

I don't see that anywhere. I've included the file again below in MIME
in case it's because tabs go bad in your mailer.

What line is this at?

> and
>
> if( x
>&& y
>&& z
>&& a )
> {

Looks like that in the original. And if there's a long expression in a
statement like that, it's customary (where I come from, anyway) to
break it down like above so it fits within 79 chars.

I probably would have made it:

    if (pp && pp->getType() == pf_Frag::PFT_Text
        && pp->getNext() && pp->getNext()->getType() == pf_Frag::PFT_Text)

though. But I don't really care. As long as it fits on the screen.

Jesper