Re Styles (Was Re: Upcoming releases)

Subject: Re Styles (Was Re: Upcoming releases)
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 15:01:50 CST

>Thanks very much, Randy, Robert and Jeffry. This helps a lot. It was very
>interesting to read that Word allows styles to be applied to a selected
>region. Right now I believe that a style can only be applied to whole
>paragraph in Abi. I think we can apply the style codes to a selected
>region but I don't think it will be recognized as a style in later
>editting.
>
>Is this correct Paul?

No, this isn't correct at all actually. See how abi/test/wp/Styles.abw
handles and the ABW XML text for how this is achieved. You'll notice the
"Highlight" style immediately, guaranteed :)

Styles can be either applied on a paragraph level or a text-run level as we
have them implemented currently. The overview that Randy and Jeffry have
given on styles is very good.

Dom