Re: About dialog

Subject: Re: About dialog
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 15:49:35 CST

Hi Thomas,

I wasn't under the impression that we were obligated to present the same
about dialog across platform. What you're seeing there is the GnomeAbout
dialog, which is the standard "About Dialog" for Gnome applications. The
GTK+ dialog still looks the same. I'll be removing people's individual names
from the About dialog tonight and put in something more general like "Abi
the Ant" (Sam's idea).

Above all, I want to remain consistent between Gnome Office applications. I
may be wrong, but I thought the whole idea of our XP design (and say, not
using GTK+ everywhere, for example) was to be as consistent as possible with
our surrounding environment. I also understand the urge for consistency
between different platform builds of AbiWord. However, the About dialog is
hardly as functional as say the Paragraph dialog. If anyone doesn't agree
with my methodology or doesn't want me to use the GnomeAbout dialog on
Gnome, please tell me now.

Dom