Re: equation editor non-image importing

Subject: Re: equation editor non-image importing
From: Seth Vidal (skvidal@phy.duke.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 20:44:53 CST

On 14 Feb 2001 13:19:03 +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
> Hi Seth,
> I would love equation editor support. I have a plan to implement
> this eventually but it will take some time (months at least). It will take
> less time others can help :-)
>
> I *THINK* that abi could display the image of the equation that MS Word
> produces witht he help of some compiler options in wv.

something like changing the configure string to including wv linking in
zlib support?
ie: ./configure --with-zlib=(zlib path here)

the error message that came out when I tried to import a doc with a
word2k equation in it was that it couldn't access the wmf output of the
formula w/o zlib in wv for compressed wmf support.

seems like the with-zlib support added into
[abitree]/src/config/require/unix/Makefile - around line 121 or so might
make that work - If I get a chance I'll test that before long.

if that works then I'd hope it would be the default -b/c displaying
those things would be a MAJOR benefit.

heck displaying ALL compressed wmf objects would be nice.

> I think that Coalan implemented an MS Equation format to MathML converter
> but I haven't followed up on that recently. What is it's status Dom?

Do you know where I would look for more info on that?
thanks
-sv

--

Have you evolved? http://www.ximian.com/apps/evolution.php3