Styles

Subject: Styles
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 03:15:14 CST

> Thanks very much, Randy, Robert and Jeffry. This helps a lot. It was very
> interesting to read that Word allows styles to be applied to a selected
> region. Right now I believe that a style can only be applied to whole
> paragraph in Abi. I think we can apply the style codes to a selected
> region but I don't think it will be recognized as a style in later
> editting.

It is perhaps worth pointing out the obvious, i.e., that styles are
virtually useless unless the user can define and modify them. How
high on our priority list is this? There are now the
pd_Style::setProperty and setProperties functions in the class, so
it should be mainly a matter of designing the dialogue. I am not
very good a designing graphical stuff, but would be happy to help
with the XP coding, if this is something we want to see soon.

Tomas