Re: Zero-length Runs and show codes

Subject: Re: Zero-length Runs and show codes
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 10:46:15 CST

Jesper Skov wrote:
> Good comments, Randy. Ta!

Thanks! I realized I mistated (at least) one thing after I saw your
reply. In Word the line with "Page Break" shows up when you insert a
"forced" page break. A "natural" page break doesn't show anything in
page view (well, except the bottom edge of one sheet of paper and the
top edge of the next. In normal view, a faint dotted line without the
"Page Break" shows where "natural" page breaks will occur.

By natural, I mean the same thing you do when you talk about "in the
middle of a logical paragraph".

> I think I would argue in favor of using a fixed font size / style for
> these things.

Sounds fine to me!

> I assumed that's where it came from. Oh well. It's not really a big
> issue. It can be made configurable to support both styles. I think
> that's the best approach - but I'll get stuff working with the current
> scheme first.
>
> Randy> Showing a line break this way would appear to be overkill --
>
> That's what irked me. But IMHO consistency is better so I guess it
> should stay like that.

But I like your comment:

>It can be made configurable to support both styles. I think
> that's the best approach - but I'll get stuff working with the current
> scheme first.

---

> OK, seems we want two separate options for selecting which markers to > show. No problem.

Sounds good!