OT: Outlook and Open Source (RE: OS/FS nitpickin')

Subject: OT: Outlook and Open Source (RE: OS/FS nitpickin')
From: Eric W. Sink (eric@sourcegear.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 17:13:04 CST

> I would just like to point out one ironic element here: both Mike and
> Eric's mails were sent by that bastion of Open Source development,
> Microsoft Outlook. :)

Yep. Outlook is kind of a new thing for me. I really like experiencing
new technologies.

Outlook is my current example of how Open Source really benefits users
who are also developers. It has about three bugs which really annoy
me. If I had the source, I would have fixed them. Outlook would be
a better product because it had me as a user.

This benefit is neither available nor useful to 99.9999% of Outlook's
user base, and that's why Microsoft doesn't bother.

So Outlook sucks, and it will continue to do so. Eventually, I will
have served my time and I will switch to another mailer. :-)

Sam, if you're still counting emails per week to abiword-dev, deduct
at least one from this week's statistics. This email is completely
irrelevant.