Re: So, when do we get autoconf support on Linux?

Subject: Re: So, when do we get autoconf support on Linux?
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 04:18:59 CST

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 05:14:16PM +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:
> Sam,
>
> Any idea when you'll have that stuff working?
>
> I've just (for the umpteenth time) wasted time debugging something
> that just turned out to be a bad virtual function table in one of the
> classes. Bad dependencies are wasting a lot of time.

Well, lots of progress was made, until I ran into a bug in libtool.
As people on the libtool mailing list seem not to notice me, I'm sort
of stuck on that issue. Other than that, my being sick, and having to
write a kernel for school aren't helping either. But progress is
being made. This will happen.

Sadly, however, that doesn't mean dependencies. All the -Wp fun stuff
is gcc-specific, and a definite no-no. I just took it out of psiconv
earlier today.

Whenever I get a wierd crash after a CVS update, I just rebuild the
whole tree. It's slow, but it works every time. :(

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
        GnuPG Key: