Re: commit: xap_UnixFont.cpp/h

Subject: Re: commit: xap_UnixFont.cpp/h
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 17:43:07 CST

At 10:18 PM 2/15/01 -0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
>to use a ttf font one just needs to add it to the
>fonts directory and create an appropriate entry in fonts.dir.

Tomas,

Sounds like this means that TrueType and Type 1 fonts now have equal status
in the Linux versions of AbiWord. That's awesome! :-)

Just for grins, I'd like to ask the obvious followup question -- is there
any reasonable way to automate the creation of fonts.dir entries, too? It'd
be too cool if the process for installing new fonts was this simple:

  1. Drop it (or a symlink) in the fonts directory.
  2. Relaunch AbiWord.
  3. Your new font Just Works.

Oh, they call me a dreamer now ...

Paul,