Re: Run rewrite status [2001.02.15 - 12:40 CET]

Subject: Re: Run rewrite status [2001.02.15 - 12:40 CET]
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 01:00:16 CST

Jesper,

I didn't have time to look at your code today, and tomorrow's not looking
much better, but I did want to give you a few hints:

At 12:43 PM 2/15/01 +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:
> o Add EOP property in PT to allow for selection of EOP.
> Present code draws the char OK, but the PT has no knowledge of it
> and thus cannot select it.

I think this is the PT change I was thinking of. IIRC, the block strux was
originally #defined to have a width of 0, to keep from screwing up docpos
calculations when there wasn't an EOB run.

The change might be as simple as changing that width from 0 to 1 and then
fixing up any resulting DocPos math errors that crop up in the tree. (The
intended result is that when doing DocPos arithmetic, adding one moves you
past the next character or block "boundary").

Does that make sense, or should I explain further?

> o When pressing return, the pilcrow on the new line gets deleted
> after a short delay. Doesn't happen after the paragraph contains
> text.

Weird. Sounds like something timer-driven (like the spell or redraw
timers).

> o fp_Line::mapXYToPosition has some code to deal with zero-length
> runs. Must rewrite / get rid of as appropriate.

Yay!

> o Add show paragraph draw for ForcedLineBreak.

This one should be easy, no?

> o Look at any FIXMEs in the code.
> o Test undo / redo works properly.
> o Test save / load / reload [after load first pilcrow is missing]

This is probably related to the EOD run mentioned earlier, but that's just a
guess.

> o Test copy and paste to and from AbiWord.
> o Test printing.

Bingo. It's really cool to see folks planning a through test of their
features.

Paul