Re: Run rewrite status [2001.02.15 - 12:40 CET]

Subject: Re: Run rewrite status [2001.02.15 - 12:40 CET]
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 15:29:03 CST

Jesper, sorry I didn't have time to checkout your patch yesterday. I hope
to have a look on Monday or Tuesday.

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Paul Rohr wrote:

> Jesper,
>
> I didn't have time to look at your code today, and tomorrow's not looking
> much better, but I did want to give you a few hints:
>
> At 12:43 PM 2/15/01 +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:
> > o Add EOP property in PT to allow for selection of EOP.
> > Present code draws the char OK, but the PT has no knowledge of it
> > and thus cannot select it.
>
> I think this is the PT change I was thinking of. IIRC, the block strux was
> originally #defined to have a width of 0, to keep from screwing up docpos
> calculations when there wasn't an EOB run.
>
> The change might be as simple as changing that width from 0 to 1 and then
> fixing up any resulting DocPos math errors that crop up in the tree. (The
> intended result is that when doing DocPos arithmetic, adding one moves you
> past the next character or block "boundary").
>
> Does that make sense, or should I explain further?

There are quite a few places with hardwired assumptions of the size the
block strux in the code. Wierd problems you might have with your code
might occur from this. I know there are places in the List code, Insert
Page number/ Insert Fields and the importers which make assumptions about
the size of the block strux. I think a global search for changeStrux and
insertStrux will be needed after this change.

Anywhere where there are two piecetable operations in succession are
suspect.

> > o When pressing return, the pilcrow on the new line gets deleted
> > after a short delay. Doesn't happen after the paragraph contains
> > text.
>
> Weird. Sounds like something timer-driven (like the spell or redraw
> timers).

Ah. I guess it's remapGlyphs().

Cheers

Martin