Re: Run rewrite status [2001.02.16 - 20:50 CET]

Subject: Re: Run rewrite status [2001.02.16 - 20:50 CET]
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 15:53:54 CST

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Jesper Skov wrote:

<snip>
> o Test: header/footer editing

You'll need to put in code to determine in you're in edit header/footer
mode and while in this mode you have to retrict the range of allowable
positions to just the header/footer section your editing. Otherwise you
can easily jump from a header to a footer or to a header/ footer of a
different doc section.

There is a major problem with editting header/footer code. The
hdrftrSection is not formatted. All the run's in that section have NULL
pointers for their lines. I did this because I didn't want lines without
pages. Only the shadows of the hdrftrSection have containers. Now it might
be we can live with lines in hdrftrSections but I suspect it will lead to
problems. I don't think I've traced through all the places where runs with
no lines will cause segfaults either.

I put editting headers/footers in the too hard basket for now but if you
want to try to make it work, go for it :-)

> o Test: lists

Check for assumptions about the size of block strux's if you've changed
the block strux size.

Have you investigated what section breaks do to your code?

Cheers

Martin