Re: Abiword 0.7.12 bombs after Slackware upgrade

Subject: Re: Abiword 0.7.12 bombs after Slackware upgrade
From: Ron Ross (ronross@colba.net)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 22:31:33 CST

Sam TH <sam@uchicago.edu> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 12:12:33AM +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
> > PS. We don't have regular slackware developers here so we can't provide
> > slackware packages.
> >

> What Martin really means here is that the Slackware packages we
> provide are untested, and are generated by a converter from other
> packages. If, however, you would like to provide a better way . .

Yes, I might take up the challenge :) . I noticed that John Clark has
taken up the offer as well and has already begun the process, ... which
may be a very good thing for you and Abiword users, as I a) have
absolutely no prior experience with building Slackware packages and b)
am in the midst of an upgrade process, which triggered the problem in
the first place -- perhaps not the best situation or environment for
providing a faithful package. However, I'm curious, and would love to be
able to contribute; so, if I produce anything useful and there aren't
too many cooks in the kitchen...

Ron
.