which u2g file?

Subject: which u2g file?
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 15:01:40 CST

Hi Vlad,

> What u2g (adobe-full or adobe-short? )file will be loaded when no locale.u2g
> is found? I'd suggest changing current order (adobe-short.u2g, then
> adobe-full.u2g - at least thsi was before your patch) to (adobe-full.u2g,

The way it works (and worked from the beginning) is that adobe-
full.u2g is only loaded for utf-8 locale, while for 8 bit locales adobe-
short.u2g is used. However, I realised from your previous email that
this is *wrong*, because all non-latin1 locales need the the full
encoding. The short ecoding can only be used for latin1, which
makes me wander whether not to dispose of it all together.

For the time being, I will make adobe-full.u2g to be used by all
locales (I may not have time to do anything more before the
weekend).

Tomas

tomas@frydrych.net / www.frydrych.net
PGP keys: http://www.frydrych.net/contact.html