Re: commit: xap_UnixFont.h/cpp et al. (slowly getting there)

Subject: Re: commit: xap_UnixFont.h/cpp et al. (slowly getting there)
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 12:41:19 CST

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

 Hi Tomas,

[...]
> Also, after consultation with Vlad, I have changed the way
> encoding vector is loaded. Previously we looked for u2g file with
> name identical to that of the font, and if we did not find it we loaded
> generic adobe encoding vector; now if we do not find u2g file for the
> specific font, we look for a file called locale.u2g in the same
> directory, before loading the generic adobe encoding. This adds
> greater flexibility for non-latin1 locales. The generic adobe files are
> now always looked for in the ABI_LIBDIR/fonts directory, so there
> is no further need to symlink them to the locale-specific directories.

 What u2g (adobe-full or adobe-short? )file will be loaded when no locale.u2g
is found? I'd suggest changing current order (adobe-short.u2g, then
adobe-full.u2g - at least thsi was before your patch) to (adobe-full.u2g,
adobe-short.u2g) *only* for locale-specific subdirectories. I.e. when no
locale.u2g in locale-specific directory is found, the u2g to be loaded from
the parent directory should be adobe-full.u2g (this way, locale-specific
directories may not contain any *.u2g and it will work fine)

 Sorry if it's already implemented - I did't look at your patch yet.

> src/UnixFont.txt and src/UnixLocales.txt were updated to reflect
> the changes.
>
> Tomas

> tomas@frydrych.net / www.frydrych.net
> PGP keys: http://www.frydrych.net/contact.html