Re: The splash screen

Subject: Re: The splash screen
J.L.Gilmour@exeter.ac.uk
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 02:25:08 CST

> I liked the behavior of the splash screen since a few weeks ago. It
> would be immediately covered up once the abiword window came up, and
> would no longer be an annoyance. Now it hovers above the window and
> you have to chase it with the mouse and click or sit back and wait to
> get rid of it. Who made this change and why?

No, the version I have where the splash screen is hidden is v. irritating -
what's the point of a splash screen if you can't see it? If it bugs you
that much, why not add a '-nosplash' command line option and alias it?

Jayne.

--
      Jayne Gilmour, BSc. MSc.  Unix & Network Administrator

Internet: "a network of computers which lots of people are inter" +----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+