Helping on Mac port (was: Re: Mentoring open source programmers)

Subject: Helping on Mac port (was: Re: Mentoring open source programmers)
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 02:53:42 CST

Michael D. Crawford écrit:

> What that means to you is Real Soon Now I'll be doing some debugging on the
> Mac port of AbiWord. If things work out OK with the work I'm doing now,
> I'll be buying a dual G4 533 Mhz Mac, so doing things like Spotlight
> debugging on AbiWord will actually be a reasonable thing to do.

Hmm. Wait. Current CVS tree is not ready for consumption, not even as a
development snapshot: it does NOT work. There are still to much things to be
implemented.
1/ finalize the build system (I'll provide a separate module for CodeWarrior
build as MPW build is still tricky)
2/ implement lot of "core" classes

If you want to team up to the Mac port, you are welcome, because my copious
spare time does not allow me to spend as much time as I want (I'm currently
full at a customer's site) on the AbiWord port.

Then, when it will be almost working we can spend more time on debugging it.

Here is a small list of TODO thing:

src/af/gr/mac/gr_QDMacGraphics.cpp: implement MacGraphics class for
QuickDraw

src/af/gr/mac/gr_MacImage.cpp: implement MacImage class for QuickDraw
possibly in gr_QDMacImage.cpp as gr_MacImage.cpp will be used for MacOS X
(which WILL use CoreGraphics for Imaging).

src/af/util/mac/ut_Xpm2Bmp.cpp: implements UT_Xpm2Bmp() for both QuickDraw
and CoreGraphics.

Hub