Re: dogfood feedback -- Smart Quotes

Subject: Re: dogfood feedback -- Smart Quotes
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 13:45:47 CST

At 12:21 PM 2/22/01 +0400, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> It was me who hacked .abw saving routines (when doing i18n of AW).
>
> If something still doesn't work for you, could you please send a file with
>only one word and smartquotes around it on which you see this problem?

I'm on NT. I haven't tested the surrounding double-quotes. The attached
document shows how a remapped single-quote gets saved out.

To replicate the problem, open a new document, slowly type (don't paste) the
phrase in this one, save it, and then reopen it.

I see a total of *three* different quote glyphs.

1. The one I typed (works with ispell).
2. The one it got remapped to (also works).
3. The one it got saved and reloaded as (doesn't work).

It's the transition from glyph 2 to glyph 3 that I'm referring to.

Paul