Re: "Show Paragraphs" screenshot on abiword.com (Was: Re: [owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Non-member submission from [rob.campbell@att.net]])

Subject: Re: "Show Paragraphs" screenshot on abiword.com (Was: Re: [owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Non-member submission from [rob.campbell@att.net]])
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 19:28:41 CST

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Montgomerie" <jamie@montgomerie.net>
To: "Sam TH" <sam@uchicago.edu>; "AbiWord Dev" <abiword-dev@abisource.com>

And indeed it wasn't :-)

Put the attached file somewhere and include it in the title page with:

<?php include("randpng.php") ?>

then use it like this:

<?php echo(randPNG("dir", "alt")); ?>

Where "dir" is the path to directory containing the pngs to be chosen from
and "alt" is the 'alt' attribute text for the generated image tag. It will
generate an image tag (with correct width and height fields) as output.

I've put sample output up on my flat's cable modem box at:

http://62.31.68.28/~jamie/

and attached the index.php I'm using to produce it (shots are from
http://62.31.68.28/~jamie/shots/).

Jamie.

P.S. You'll notice the GUI on the extra shots I've taken is the BeOS one.
It's extremely slow and extremely buggy at the moment (I don't think I could
actually use it for anything more than taking these screenshots). We might
want to either stop advertising BeOS support as much as we do or submit an
article to benews.com asking for interested developers.

P.P.S. My 'job', BTW, is providing lab support to second year CS students
part time - they have a practical involving PHP database access at the
moment.