dialog for smart quotes

Subject: dialog for smart quotes
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 23:08:21 CST

In the new rotating screenshot-a-rama, I saw a nice-looking shot of
some non-Unix, non-Win32 version, which I reckon is BeOS because it's
called "beos3crushed_jamie.png". Anyhow, is that the current BeOS
version or something older?

The reason I ask is because the toggle for smart quotes is on the
preferences dialog tab labelled "View", and everything else there
really is a "view" thing that doesn't affect content. Smart quotes
affects content, though, and should be elsewhere. (On Win32 and Unix,
there is an additional preferences tab called "Other" where the lonely
smart quotes toggle lives.) This isn't urgent or anything, but should
be fixed sooner or later if someone is able.