Re: dialog for smart quotes

Subject: Re: dialog for smart quotes
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 08:45:46 CST

----- Original Message -----
From: "WJCarpenter" <bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 5:08 AM
Subject: dialog for smart quotes

> In the new rotating screenshot-a-rama, I saw a nice-looking shot of
> some non-Unix, non-Win32 version, which I reckon is BeOS because it's
> called "beos3crushed_jamie.png". Anyhow, is that the current BeOS
> version or something older?

It's a current CVS.

> The reason I ask is because the toggle for smart quotes is on the
> preferences dialog tab labelled "View", and everything else there
> really is a "view" thing that doesn't affect content. Smart quotes
> affects content, though, and should be elsewhere. (On Win32 and Unix,
> there is an additional preferences tab called "Other" where the lonely
> smart quotes toggle lives.) This isn't urgent or anything, but should
> be fixed sooner or later if someone is able.

I'd agree that it should be fixed, but the [large] performance issues and
crash-bugs are probably more pressing :-)

It would be nice if the screenshots from other platforms outnumbered the
BeOS ones [Hint, hint]. I was using BeOS at the time I wrote the script,
so that's why most of the shots are BeOS ones.

Jamie.