[ian_tindale@yahoo.co.uk: Two possible abiword features I'd like]

Subject: [ian_tindale@yahoo.co.uk: Two possible abiword features I'd like]
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 03:03:45 CST

The first request sounds like normal mode.

I've never heard of Open eBook, though.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
        GnuPG Key:
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/key

attached mail follows:

Hello everybody.

I've been using Abiword for a while now, and I like it a lot. It's the word processor I always fire up first, except on the Mac (yet). I'd like to ask for two features that I'm sure everyone else in the universe would benefit from too.

First, I'd like a 'pageless' mode. For a lot of my writing, I'm not concerned with how it fits on a page just yet, if ever, and in fact, the page-breaks are an extreme distraction and irritation. I'd like to switch from this page-mode to a pageless-mode.

The other feature I'd like to see, is that of Open eBook creation - the possibility of directly writing and saving out of an eBook, entirely from within AbiWord. This shouldn't be as difficult as it sounds really, it's only a modification of the XHTML saving technology, however that works, and probably a different style set. I don't know what's involved - that's for the programmers. I subscribed to abiword-dev for a few seconds, but I found that it's not in English, it's in some other language - incomprehensible, I think it is.

Anyway, what do you all think?

--
Cheers, Ian Tindale