comparison -- CJK locales

Subject: comparison -- CJK locales
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 18:19:16 CST

As mentioned in a prior note, here's a current comparison of the translation
status for CJK locales. Note that there is no corresponding ispell
dictionary, and none is needed.

CJK                            KDE GNOME Moz  Abi  Star MSFT
zh-CN   Chinese - Simplified    2    1    1    1         1
zh-HK   Chinese - Hong Kong               9
zh-TW   Chinese - Traditional   1    2    1    2         1
ja-JP   Japanese                1    1    1    2         1
ko      Korean                  3    1    1              1

We seem to be off to a good start here, but I know I'm not competent to
assess how complete our current implementations are. Again, these have only
been tested on Linux AFAIK.

Paul