UT_convert and pspell

Subject: UT_convert and pspell
From: Frodo Looijaard (frodol@dds.nl)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 17:31:49 CDT

Hi folks,

Question: how is UT_convert (src/af/util/xp/ut_iconv.cpp) supposed to work?
As far is I can see, the buffer containing the result (pDest) is never
returned (though its length is).

I was wondering why pspell was not working for me, and digging in the code,
I saw it call:
    UT_convert ((const char *)ucs2, length, "utf-8", UCS_2_INTERNAL,
              (UT_uint32 *)word8, &len_out);
It assumes the the next-to-last argument will return the output (word8),
but the current implementation of UT_convert will return the length of
the output, not the output itself.

Help?

Thanks,
  Frodo