Re: Copyright of Modified Ispell Code (fwd)

Subject: Re: Copyright of Modified Ispell Code (fwd)
From: Kevin Atkinson (kevina@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 01:17:39 CDT

Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:03:12 -0700
From: Geoff Kuenning <geoff@cs.hmc.edu>
To: kevina@users.sourceforge.net

> The troublesome advertising clause in the Ispell license is under
> scrutiny. You need to be subscribed to the AbiWord mailing list in order
> to post so if you wish to respond please send the email to me and I will
> forward it for you.

I'm willing to remove the advertising clause. However, I'm not
currently willing to make a release just for that purpose (mostly
because I'm swamped and don't have the time to edit all the files).

In the interim, you can relay my formal permission for anyone who
distributes ispell to ignore the advertising clause. In truth, it is
kind of silly when I reread it. It made sense for UC, but doesn't
make sense for a small individual. That's what I get for doing a
global replace!

--
    Geoff Kuenning   geoff@cs.hmc.edu   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/