Re: Copyright of Modified Ispell Code (fwd)

Subject: Re: Copyright of Modified Ispell Code (fwd)
From: Kevin Atkinson (kevina@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 02:51:49 CDT

Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:52:36 -0700
From: Geoff Kuenning <geoff@cs.hmc.edu>
To: aaronl@vitelus.com
Cc: kevina@users.sourceforge.net, abiword-dev@abisource.com

> I hope none of your contributors mind, though :-/. To be completely
> fair, maybe you ought to give them an month or so to speak up before
> making a new release with this change. I can't see why they would
> mind, as it's your name, but it could be impolite to change the
> license from under them.

You misunderstand the nature of the contributions and of my license.
It is my call alone. The current release doesn't even list all
contributors, as it became too much work to track them all.

--
    Geoff Kuenning   geoff@cs.hmc.edu   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

In any large population, there are some people who aren't very bright. That's not their fault, it's just in their genes. As an engineer, I have a responsibility to design things that won't kill off the slower ones, just as I have a responsibility to design things that won't harm my neighbor's dog.