Re: commit: Lots of stuff.

Subject: Re: commit: Lots of stuff.
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (e98cuenc@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 11:46:42 CDT

--- Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au>
wrote:

> To fix 1 I went back to the semantics of "Dirty
> Document" I previously
> used. ie A simple boolean set to dirty if anything
> about the Frags sizes
> or structure changes. Joaquin did stuff that might
> have allowed us to
> eventually only clean some fraction of the document.
> I'm not sure this
> will be a big win for us and was causing the
> segfault.

ops, sorry about the segfault

I hope that we will be able to clean only a fraction
of the document, because if I remember right, right
now we're cleanning and reallocating all the vector of
frags each time it gets dirty (for instance, each time
the user enters a new character).

For big documents, that may mean a desallocation and
reallocation of ~50kb per inserted character.

So I really hope that we could fix this "problem"...
;-)

Cheers,

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela