Re: Commit: glib.m4

Subject: Re: Commit: glib.m4
From: Frodo Looijaard (frodol@dds.nl)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 15:45:19 CDT

Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> Added glib M4 macros to detect glib on platform where there is no
> glib: MacOS X, Win32, etc.
>
> CVS: Added Files:
> CVS: ac-helpers/glib.m4

But now autogen.sh (aclocal to be exact) complains:
  aclocal: ac-helpers/glib.m4: 8: duplicated macro `AM_PATH_GLIB'

Can you please explain why you checked this in? Is it because you are
afraid that developers won't be able to run autogen.sh because they
don't have glib installed? If so, I think we will need to put scripts
like this in some other directory (for example, ac-helpers/fallback),
and do something like this in autogen.sh:

  for script in `cd $ac-helpers; echo *.m4`; do
    if test -r `aclocal --print-ac-dir`/$script; then
      # Perhaps it was installed recently
      rm ac-helpers/$script
    else
      # Use the fallback script
      cp ac-helpers/fallback/$script ac-helpers
    fi
  done

If you agree, I will check something like this in (it should be in 0.9.0,
I think).

  Frodo

--
Frodo Looijaard <frodol@dds.nl>  PGP key and more: http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol