Re: Release/Tree closing

Subject: Re: Release/Tree closing
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 03:45:19 CDT

OK, I've found it. Is this a bug or what?!

The reason it works on any platform is pure luck!

Have a look at FV_View::_draw where it sets the cliprect. Seems reasonable,
right? Wrong.

gr_Graphics wants a pointer, because the pointer is all it stores. Giving it
a pointer to a local variable that goes out of scope is bound to fsck up.
:-<

Well, I'll fix it by defining that stack variable "static", close the bug,
commit and post a commit msg in a little while.

What I would *want* to do is make gr_Graphics return a const UT_Rect&, and
add member functions "hasClipRect" and "clearClipRect", while changing
"setClipRect" to accept a const UT_Rect&, but currently it would require too
many changes which I don't think we can afford with the tree closing soon.

/Mike