Re: Different name extension for auto-saved files?

Subject: Re: Different name extension for auto-saved files?
From: Adrian Phillips (adrianp@powertech.no)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 14:15:35 CDT

>>>>> "Joaquin" == Joaquin Cuenca Abela <e98cuenc@yahoo.com> writes:

Joaquin> I like Mike's idea of prefixing file names of autosaved
Joaquin> files instead of suffixing them, but I think that users
Joaquin> are very used to .bak (or "~" for linux users), and
Joaquin> changing it now would create some confusion...

Plus the fact that listing a directory (name sorted) will list the
files together which is more intuitive I believe than having a prefix.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.