Re: iconv.h on OS X

Subject: Re: iconv.h on OS X
From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 10:52:26 CDT

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Sam TH wrote:
> Now I have a new problem. It seems to build wv fine, execept it
> doesn't build in any of the subdirectories. This then causes some
> problems when it tries to link libwv.a, since most of the .o files are
> missing.
>
> I fixed this by manually going into each of the wv subdirectories, and
> running make there. This allowed wv to build properly. However, I
> don't think this is the reccommended build method.

Hah! As errors go this one is hysterical. This seems to result from
MacOSX's insensitivity and make not distinguishing between, for example,
GLIB-WV the build target and glib-wv the directory. Solution? Rename
MAGICK to BMAGICK, GLIB-WV to BGLIB-WV, etc. & it compiles fine...

...until it gets to magick/png.h but maybe that's just me.

Ciao, Frank

Francis James Franklin
F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

Their consultation consisted chiefly in propounding and supporting, for
the thousandth time, each his favourite theories.
                                                   --- George MacDonald