Re: Bug 1691

Subject: Re: Bug 1691
From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 22:31:06 CDT

 --- Dom Lachowicz <dominicl@seas.upenn.edu> wrote: >
Quoting abiword@linuxfreemail.com:

> > I think bug 1691 should be re-opened. MS Word
> handles the "Change Case"
> > feature the right way IMO, but perhaps this needs
> further discussion.
>
> No, this bug and those marked as duplicates should
> not be reopened because our
> behavior is consistent and correct for our
> definition of these features.
>
> If you don't like our definitions (you seem to
> prefer MSWord's), please open
> *new* bugs with detailed descriptions of what you'd
> like to see happen.

If we do indeed have our own definitions we need to
put
them somewhere. I was very confused when I tried the
Title Case and Sentence case options. I challenge
anybody to find a church secretary who was less
confused than I was (:
The problem of uppercased words within mixed case runs
of text is one that needs thought though...

Andrew Dunbar.

=====
http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net