Re: localization formats proposal

Subject: Re: localization formats proposal
From: Karl Ove Hufthammer (huftis@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 13:10:07 CDT

må 16 jul 2001 12:23:45, Alan <horkana@tcd.ie>:

>>> Is the 'app' attribute neccessary? If so, we should
>>> change the
>>> 'AbiLocale' to 'Locale'.
>
> Why not leave the 'app' attribute in, some one else might want
> to re use the system if it works well.

OK. This is also another reason why 'AbiLocale' should be changed
to 'Locale' (or something else app-neutral).

> Speaking of dictionaries, are there any (English preferably)
> subject specific dictionaries? One of my friends studying old
> english would kill for a spell checker, a spellchecker that
> actually understood Computer Jargon, or a medical
> spellchecker, or slang.

I'm sure such things exists, but most of them are non-free. If you
have such a word file, you can generate your own 'en-US' ispell
dictionary which includes these words.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer