Re: commit -- fix for UT_RBTree

Subject: Re: commit -- fix for UT_RBTree
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 12:20:22 CDT

Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:

> Ops, I didn't know that these methods were implicity
> inlined.

OK. All member functions that are defined inline (in the class declaration)
are inlined.

> Good to know (is it, then, right to assume
> that the compiler may inline all the methods that
> would otherwise be in the same translation unit?).

I don't think I follow you here. All inlined functions turn up in the same
translation unit, the one compiling the class. I probably didn't understand
your question.

> > > random_shuffle(numbers.begin(), numbers.end());
[...]
> numbers being a std::deque<int>, numbers.begin() gaves
> us a std::deque<int>::iterator
> so the two arguments are in the std namespace, and
> thus it should also look for the
> functions in this namespace, or am I missing
> something?

Sorry, it was me that was thinking of another case. Yes, I also it should
consider namespace std while looking for a matchjing function.

/Mike