Re: localization formats proposal

Subject: Re: localization formats proposal
From: Alan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 06:47:15 CDT

Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> According to Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au>:
>
> > I don't understand. We have en_AU en_BR locales now. IS this a Windows
> ^^^^^
> > thing?
>
> We have English/Brazilian locale ?
>
> Hub

That does not seem right, maybe some one thought that Great Britain was
BR rather than GB (the English dialects i can think of off the top of my
head are Irish IE, British GB, Australian AU, New Zealand NZ, Jamaican,
Canadian CA, oh yeah and American US).

it seems perhaps some one wants support for Brehon? (im thinking old
medieval ireland, but im not sure what it is).
Cournty codes != language codes (IE is Ireland but also the language
code for interlingua)

As to the installer, i think the default should have _Everthing_ in it
and a message: "if you dont know which installer you want then get this
one". I dont expect we will be offering language specific installers at
least not until after v1.0.