Re: Cygwin builds?

Subject: Re: Cygwin builds?
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 20:29:15 CDT

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Mike Johnson wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I'm trying to build AW on Windows, in order to help
> debug, using the cygwin stuff -- and I'm getting the
> message "glib-config not found".
>
> I'm building with the make option
> ABI_OPT_CYGWIN_UNIX=1. If I do a make without that
> option, I get an error that cl wasn't found....
>
> Thanks,

Mike -

The ABI_OPT_CYGWIN_UNIX option has never been fully implimented. As a
result it has never been maintained. One of the problems with the CYGWIN
environment was the lack of a resource compiler, but I am sure there were
others.

cl is the MSVC compiler. If you have the time and inclination to fix this
bug, patches are always welcomed.

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett