compiles but crashes upon execute on OS X

Subject: compiles but crashes upon execute on OS X
From: Jeff Zapotoczny (lucidpgh@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 22:26:48 CDT

I just got the latest sources from anonymous CVS tonight and tried
building AbiWord for the first time. I was thrilled to see it
successfully compile all the way through! Unfortunately, when I try to
run the resulting AbiWord.app, I get a flash of a blank white panel or
dialog, then OS X's generic "application has unexpectedly quit" message.

I'm sorry to be describing the crash so simplistically, but that leads
to my question: is there some way I can trace what specifically happened
that led to the crash? I'd be more than happy to send along output that
could be used to examine the problem - I just need to know how. :)

I didn't see any recent discussion of problems running under OS X in the
archives. I didn't see any messages indicating success, either.

Jeff