Formatting Documents

Subject: Formatting Documents
From: William Lachance (wlach@interlog.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 01:43:32 CDT

Ok, I give up.

I can't for the life of me see how to add styles (bold, underline, etc.)
correctly when loading a file. I've looked through just about every importer
and none of them seem to point me in the right direction.

It's pretty obvious how you add a hint to start the usage of style within a
document (by using pd_Document->appendFmt), but I don't see how you end
it. Many of the importers (ie: the abiword importer) don't seem to do it at
all! (although of course that can't be true).

What WordPerfect does is define a sequence of 3 bytes that both begins and
ends a style property's occurance of arbitrary length (byte 241 begins one,
242 ends one).

Any help would be much appreciate..

--
William Lachance