Re: Status on WordPerfect

Subject: Re: Status on WordPerfect
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 08:25:22 CDT

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, William Lachance wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Passed a milestone the other day: the importer now loads text into Abiword!
> I've managed to also get it respecting hard returns and soft spaces, and
> things are coming on nicely with respect to getting it respecting attribute
> codes (underline, bold, etc.). I suppose the question now is: when would you
> like to put it in cvs? I expect it'll take a month or so to work out all the
> kinks, but the importer is fast approaching a state of usability with respect
> to wordperfect6/7/8 files..

This is very cool. OK send in a patch to the AbiWord-dev list when you are
basically ready and we'll put the Word Perfect importer behind an

#ifdef DEBUG

directive. That way you can maintain your code base against the current
CVS and work on your code in DEBUG builds. When we're happy that the code
is ready for prime time we'll remove the #ifdef DEBUG and give it to our
users.

Cheers!

Martin

(Who will be VERY happy to have Word Perfect importer.)