Re: POW -- which locales Just Work?

Subject: Re: POW -- which locales Just Work?
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 11:38:47 CST

At 04:09 PM 3/1/01 +0400, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> Why are you talking about truncated labels? I know a gtk bug that caused it,
>have fixes (and even pushed them into gtk) - but this problem only
appears on
>non-latin 8bit locales provided user killed their /etc/gtk/gtkrc.$LANG.

I'm glad to hear that there's a generalized fix for GTK. As Karl mentioned,
other platforms aren't so lucky.

For more details, see the following (incomplete) POW:

> To the list of items to check, I would like to add the following:
>* Fonts shipped by 'unixfonts' module are sufficient for using in that locale
>(it's false for non-latin1 languages) and an URL where fonts for it could be
>acquired from

Agreed. This sounds like a very useful update to the user FAQ:

  http://www.abisource.com/faquser.phtml

The list of supported languages should also be updated, once this POW is
finished.

Paul