Re: awww, hypermail ignored my PRE tags

Subject: Re: awww, hypermail ignored my PRE tags
From: Tim Allen (tim@proximity.com.au)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 16:31:13 CST

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Paul Rohr wrote:

> At 03:04 PM 3/1/01 +1100, Tim Allen wrote:
> >>If anyone knows how to fool hypermail in cases like this, let me know.
> >
> >>Paul,
> >>sulking
> >
> >The browser view page source function is your friend :-). Worked for
> >me.
>
> OK, Tim. I'll bite. :-)

Maybe I was too obscure :-). What I meant was that when reading your
posting on the hypermail archive, I used the view source function and was
able to see your original table, nicely formatted in all its ascii
glory.

That obviously isn't a "just works" solution, but it does work...

> It's obvious that hypermail did the usual & conversion -- that's what
> you usually want to happen. (For example, see what happened to the text of
> the previous sentence.)
>
> What I was wondering was how to deliberately avoid that behavior. If I
> *want* some text to come across as PRE in the archives, is there any way to
> setup the plain-text mail input so that it won't trigger that conversion?
>
> Paul,
> done sulking but still curious

Tim

Tim Allen          tim@proximity.com.au