Re: awww, hypermail ignored my PRE tags

Subject: Re: awww, hypermail ignored my PRE tags
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 11:29:28 CST

At 03:04 PM 3/1/01 +1100, Tim Allen wrote:
>>If anyone knows how to fool hypermail in cases like this, let me know.
>
>>Paul,
>>sulking
>
>The browser view page source function is your friend :-). Worked for
>me.

OK, Tim. I'll bite. :-)

It's obvious that hypermail did the usual & conversion -- that's what
you usually want to happen. (For example, see what happened to the text of
the previous sentence.)

What I was wondering was how to deliberately avoid that behavior. If I
*want* some text to come across as PRE in the archives, is there any way to
setup the plain-text mail input so that it won't trigger that conversion?

Paul,
done sulking but still curious