Re: Abisuite - Word! What about Spreadsheet an Dbase?

Subject: Re: Abisuite - Word! What about Spreadsheet an Dbase?
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 07:02:48 CST

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Stella Maris Saiz- cable wrote:

> Hi Martin!
>
> I would like to know which are the other components of the Abisuite! Is
> there any spreadsheet or any database?
> Is it in your plans or not?

Hi Stella,
          We are absolutely fully extended to make a Word Processor. I'm
personally much more interested in making Abiword a component of Gnome
Office. Gnome Office has a great Spreadsheet already, Gnumeric, as well as
a very nice charting and graphing application, guppi, two vector graphics
applications SodiPodi and Sketch, a database application, gnome-db, a
personal accounting application, gnu-cash, a state of the art
email/calendar/Personal Information application, Evolution and the
fantastic bit-map graphics application GIMP.

Others working on AbiWord might want to port one or more of these
applications to the Abi framework but I'm not focussed on that.

Cheers

Martin